Be part of our growing community and enjoy the benefits of expert, independent support and guidance.
Benefits of becoming a member include:
- Parenting support when you need it through our peer forum and from selected professionals.
- Help preparing for a review.
- Representation at panels.
- Access to a unique insurance policy provided only to APAC members by Insure with Care
- Access to insurance that can help safeguard your income if you are suspended from taking further placements.*subject to individual circumstances
- Access to bespoke and unique training and support opportunities for both you and your young person/people.
- A community that works together through all stages of the process.
- Promotional Code for Happy Me Conscious Parenting (happymeparenting.com hyperlink). Fiona Ng and the multi-cultural team that she represents can speak to you one to one, via telephone or zoom at a time agreed, convenient to you. The Happy Me parenting programme Conscious Discipline is a social-emotional learning program for parents, educators and mental health professionals that emphasizes behaviour modelling and problem-solving rather than punishment for misbehaviour.
- Access to APAC Insure, the only policy available on the market to pay out through an investigation into allegations of maltreatment (terms and conditions apply). Members of Fostering Support Ltd valued the advice and information provided but were terribly upset that their allowances were cut through the investigation and they feared how this would have consequences for them paying the essential bills that come with a larger than normal house/car/holiday commitment. With this in mind, APAC has developed with Cass Stevens and Insure with Care, a policy which will not only take care of £150k legal fees but uniquely, pay dividends on top of this to replace your allowances. That’s one less thing to worry about!
- Opportunity to influence National and local debate/budget priorities. Debra Gibbs was approved to foster in 1984. Since that time, there have been policies and procedures for pretty much every modern-day scenario. Since 1999 working with the Children and Family Forum Charity and the Children's Fund in Participation, advising Local Authorities and Advising Central Government on National Fostering Standards, there is not much that has not been tried before. Currently, we are looking at remodelling Children's Social Care through The Case for Change (see blog for details) and invite you, as members to be part of that reform as valued Members of APAC.
In addition to the above members will have access to additional resources, via a secure login area, such as:
- Approval’s process
- Approvals Panel
- National Standards
- Annual Review\End of Placement meeting
- Disruption Meeting
- Care Plan
- Personal Education Plan
- Health plan
- Placement Review
- Revised Care Plan
- Allowances and fee payments
- Glossary of terms
- Changing Fostering Agencies
Join today and enjoy all the benefits of not only Assurance: Parents and Carers but Fostering Support Matters